As Berry Grows

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Ticklish!

Well Berry and I are doing quite well. She is growing quickly. I can tell because her little pokes are a lot stronger and they tickle A LOT. I find myself sitting in my seat doing work and squirming all around because Berry's little feet are tickling my sides! There's nothing I can do to stop her either. Any other time I'd move away from the person tickling me, but clearly I can't get away from little Berry. It's kind of funny. I think you can feel some of her kicks from the outside now if you catch her at a particularly active moment. i think that most of her movements are still undetectable by the outside world, but occasionally she will kick pretty hard and if your hand happens to be in the right spot, you are likely to feel it. But the funny thing about it is that I think Strawberry knows when someone is trying to feel her move because a couple of my frineds have put their hands on my belly right in the spot that I have been feeling her move and as soon as they do, she stops! Once they move their hand, she starts moving again! So the key is to place your hand very lightly on my belly so she doesnt know you are there. :)

Well this is the beginning of week 18 so I guess I will give Berry's stats:

Berry's Size (head to rump) this week: About 5 to 5.5 inches.
Berry's Weight: Approximately 5.5 ounces
Right now Berry is about the size of a can of soda.

Other info about Berry's development:

  • Pads are forming on Berry's fingers and toes that will develop into characteristics of fingerprints and footprints.
  • Fine hair is growing and covering Berry's head and body.
  • Her legs are now longer than her arms, and she's busy flexing her arms and legs.
  • Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head.
  • Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born.

I guess that is it for now. I am finally starting to look pregnant. My belly seemed to "pop" last week, Tuesday to be precise. Now I have a little bump. I promise I'll take pictures soon. I've just been really busy.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the update. I can't wait for the pics.

    Daddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home