As Berry Grows

Monday, October 24, 2005

Travelling Berry

Berry had her first plane trip this weekend. We went to Detroit for my cousin's wedding. It was a nice time. One of my cousins just had a baby girl who was three weeks old. I got to "practice" with her. My cousin took full advantage of the fact that she thought I needed the practice so she would just say, "ok Bri go ahead and practice changing the baby and getting her ready for bed and then you can give her her bottle!" I didn't mind of course because I love the little ones. That baby was very small. She was only 6 1/2 lbs when she was born and I would guess that she was about 7 1/2 when I saw her. I bet Strawberry will be little (and yellow) like that little one is. :)

While we were at the wedding no one knew I was pregnant. It was kind of funny because none of them could tell. (I guess the black shirt was slimming!) Even some of my cousins who hadn't heard about Berry yet couldn't tell. I guess I'm not certifiable yet. Oh well. I know I'll be big enough soon!

Well this week is week 19! We are almost to the halfway point. I guess I'll give you Berry's stats this week. She is really getting big and I can tell because I can feel her on both sides at the same time or within a very small time frame. That tells me that she is getting long enough to stretch across and there is less room for her to move!

Berry's Size (head to rump) this week: About 5.25 to 6 inches
Weight: Approximately 7 ounces
Right now Strawberry is about the size of a small banana.
  • Strawberry's ears now stand out from the head.
  • The placenta will continue to grow from this point on but only in diameter, not thickness.
  • Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now.
  • Her kidneys continue to make urine, and the hair on her scalp is sprouting.
  • This is a crucial time for sensory development: Berry's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
  • If Berry is, in fact, a girl, she has an astonishing six million eggs in her ovaries. They'll dwindle to fewer than two million by the time she's born.

That's all for now I guess. All is well! Byeeeeee! :)

2 Comments:

  • Is it a girl?

    By Blogger C-dot, at 11:12 AM  

  • We dont know whether its a girl yet. I go to the doctor on Friday and will then schedule an appointment for my ultrasound. So hopefully we will find out soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home