As Berry Grows

Saturday, October 29, 2005

HELP!!!!!!!

Well, Berry and I went to our doctor's appointment yesterday. It went well. I gained four pounds since my last appointment! Yay. That is right on track. I am supposed to gain one pound per week now. So all together I have gained a whopping ..... five pounds. I started at 122. Then I lost a pound. Then I went up to 123. Now I am at 127. I know I'm still tiny but I am getting bigger now! The doctor measured my belly and it is the appropriate size for my gestational stage. He listened to the baby's heart and it sounded good. I can't tell what is good and what's not. It just sounds like a fast "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh." But I am glad that all is well so far. I set up my appointment for my ultrasound which will be a comprehensive diagnostic of the baby's development and when I will find out the sex, hopefully, if Berry cooperates. The appointment is on the 9th. That's about a week and a half away. So we only have a little more time to wait. I am also planning on getting a 3D ultrasound in late Dec. or early Jan. That one will be very cool. Friends and family are allowed to come and watch it. The package I want is a 30 minute ultrasound which is projected onto a movie theater for my family and friends to see, and I can pick either to get a copy of the 30 minute video of the ultrasound or a CD with 15 still shots and some prints that they give me like an 8x10, some 4x6, etc. I think I will pick the second option. Its easier to share the pics that way.

In other news, Sunday will begin week 20!!! That is the halfway point! So here are Berry's stats for week 20.

Berry weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel. (For the first 20 weeks, we use measurements taken from the top of the baby's head to her bottom, known as the "crown to rump" measurement. After that, we use measurements from head to toe.)
  • While much development remains, the rapid growth rate of the baby is going to slow down just a little near this time.
  • To aid in muscle development, the amniotic fluid is supporting the baby's movements.
  • Berry is quite the little gymnast and is getting busy with twists, turns and forward somersaults!
  • The baby's eyebrows are now forming.
  • Berry is sleeping and waking much like a newborn at this time.
  • Permanent hair is now growing on the scalp, but even this hair will fall out the second week after birth and will be replaced by thicker hair.
  • She is swallowing more, which is good practice for her digestive system.
  • She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky substance that's the result of cell loss, digestive secretion, and swallowed amniotic fluid.

Finally, I am really getting frustrated that Berry doesn't have a name. I have been obsessing over it for the last few days. I think I may have chosen a girl's name and probably a boy's name, but I wont divulge it yet. I need everyone's help. Please give me your name suggestions just so I can be sure that I am sure. The name books are driving me crazy.

27 Comments:

  • Lol. Eyebrows.... well its good the baby has them. I know how you are obsessed with baby's eyebrows.

    As for names look back to see my suggestions (smile): Here are more I like...
    Severn (g)
    Chance (b)
    Axle (b)
    Pryor (b/g)
    MacKenzie (g)
    Auri (g)
    Jules (b)

    ... no laughs! Im serious!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 AM  

  • Or - if our last name is going to be the babys last name then here are some cute combos:

    Hunter
    Kelly
    Forest
    Jade
    Sage
    Chartreuse (lol)
    Emerald
    Mint (this is fun...)
    Sea
    Spring
    Ever

    ... I actually like the last one - seriously!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

  • Stink you are silly! His/her last name will probably be ours but I am not naming the baby Sea or Chartreuse! LOL Thanks for your suggestions. Any more people??????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

  • I like Sage too C but maybe it will be my next girls middle name. We couldnt set the baby up given my last name and all! Ok well I am thinking I like the middle name to mean what my name means, strong, so am thinking about the French variation of My name which would be Brielle. I think it could go well with most names right? what do u guys think?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 PM  

  • How about Nia, Morgan or Angela?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • Brielle as in GABRIELLE?1? i like it - and it has the syllabic req'mnts you always talk about. (Ms. C you knw you are saving up all your names!! Dont even front. We are going to have little acorns and cashews running around soon. I think Im the only one disposing my name arsenal here... since Ill have no use for it.... except for my pets!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 PM  

  • I like Brielle. That is beautiful! Except when some folks call her "Brell"! Or will they try "Brile".

    Frankly, Bri I still like "Ana" except for the bland folk who will call her "Anna". I think of such sweet things when I say "Ana". that's when I think of you.

    Love you
    Auntie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 AM  

  • how about ANYA or ANIA [pronounced ahn-yuh]? a coworker has a daughter with that name. it has a certain consonance to it. Anya Brielle is pretty.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 AM  

  • okay - sorry for dominating this forum but i also like:
    EZRA (b)
    AMES (b)
    TITUS (b)
    JACOBI (b)

    call me weird... ive heard it before.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 PM  

  • I like Anya too but Teaser has that name on lock for her daughter! She has only picked out two names and Anya is her girl. I may as well divulge the names I am considering and get your opinions on this. (Maybe I should make this its own post but I am too lazy right now.) Anyway. For a boy I like Julian but I dont know what in the middle. Any suggestions? For a girl I am thinking I like Arden Brielle. (her nick name would be Berry of course but also Ari.) I also think I may just like Ari as actual name, but how would I spell it? Arie? Ari? Auri? Aurie? Ary? Aury?..... Sheesh this is hard. Maybe I should just stick with Arden Brielle [insert last name here]. What do you guys think? Too weird? Or do you like Arie/Ari/Auri...? Or am I way off task? I have already thrown it out there and so far the majority likes Arden. Now I wanna know about the rest of you. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

  • I like Arden too. Or even Arne.... like Arne Jacobs the designer. I like Julian too but why not Jules? Its so much cuter.

    I would do like Jules Prentice... or something like that... I also like Prentice as its own name for either a girl or boy.

    But your names are good. Keep working them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

  • Arden is different. What about Arianna or Ariana Brielle. Julian is nice. I do like Ezra, C-ker. How about Ezra Nehemiah? lol. While thinking of names for your baby bri, i think I have figured out what one of my daughter's names will be. email me if you are curious :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 PM  

  • Ok I guess I will give you the list of other names i have been considering. C-ker just set me a text re: Eden and Caprice. Eden was actually on my list. Here is the short list of names I like. (Bear with me, I dont have the list with me presently).

    Eden
    Maren
    Arden
    Milan
    Kenzie
    Kennedy
    ... I cant think of the rest. There may be more.

    Ok continue with your comments/suggestions

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 PM  

  • OK Ms. C's mom has suggested the name Ardennes, pronounced Ardenz. I am just gonna post everyone's little suggestions even though they havent posted it themselves.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

  • I like for a girl
    Arden Brielle
    Maren Brielle
    Caprice Brille (flip your initials)
    I love Julian for a boy! Not sure about the middle name. Does he have to have one?

    By Blogger Cool AC, at 8:10 AM  

  • For Julian I was thinking maybe the middle name could be something like Alexander. Maybe Ezra (I like that too). I guess I'll have to look up more options. C-ker you can call the boy Jules if that is what you want. I think he might get teased if it was his real name.

    C-ker suggsested I give a girl my Grammy's name as her middle name. Grammys name is Magnolia! So she is suggesting Arden Magnolia. Sure that name was somewhat popular 70 years ago but I cant do it now. Im afraid the baby would be mad t me for naming her taht and hate her middle name like my cousin Selisel hates her mom's choice for her middle name!

    Ok keep suggestings names and combos! I will hopefully find out teh sex of the baby soon and I would like to call him/her by their "given name".

    Thanks guys!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 AM  

  • Oh these were C-ker's original suggestions from an earlier post.
    Tierney (g), Shelby (g), Greenley (g), Chauncey (b), Jacoby (b), or Chas (b)

    I have also received suggestions of Isabelle, Isabella, Samantha, Victoria... I cant think of the other right now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 PM  

  • I'm still stuck on Arden Kenzi-Brielle Green

    Milan tops my list of faves..I like Satya(g)---however, I am saving this for my baby ;) Cadence(g) Trystan(b/g) (although it may be too common these days, but I do like it for a boy--we had a boy at the daycare: Trystan Chance, and he went by Chance) I'll keeo thinking....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

  • i like CADENCE too -- but it may be too close to my real name. ... and even tho youre ignoring me (eg. ATLAS) i wanted to state for the record that i was in giant today and heard someone yell to a lil boy "Hey, TITUS!" (i still like that name) ... tata!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

  • I didnt say I didnt liek Titus. That name isnt so bad. But Atlas????? ARGH!! I cant do it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 PM  

  • I am being forced against my will to post these names. I suggest:

    GIRLS:
    1. anabella. ana for short.
    2. elizabeth.
    3. genevieve. pronounced in the proper french way, "ZHON-vee-EV".
    4. aja. pronounced like the continent.
    5. selena. like "Sah-LEEN-uh"
    6. victoria. definitely rocks.
    7. anya is fresh too.

    BOYS:
    1. anthony.
    2. al.
    3. mean joe.
    4. did I mention anthony?
    5. michael.
    6. thomas.
    7. vincent. or
    7a. vincenzo.
    8. eli.
    9. dominic.

    I can't believe instead of watching the colts take it to the patriots, I am here thinking up babynames. I need to get my testosterone checked.

    by the way, you know how I feel about "julian" and the whole last-name-as-first-name phenomenon. trust me, eventually its gonna go out of style, and your child is gonna be stuck with a name thats indistinguishable from a hundred other names. give em something strong and something with real meaning, and you can't go wrong.

    oh, and um, don't name it anything c-ker likes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

  • exCUSE me! [in cdots excuse me voice] Lololol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 PM  

  • C-ker has suggested Francesca.

    I just was reminded of a name I always liked, that I kind of made up. It's the feminine form of the Spanish word for sky or heaven. Its Ciela (pronounced Cee - ay - lah). I had put that name down for a while, but I think I should pick it bag up and play with it a bit. :) What do you guys think about Ciela Brielle?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 PM  

  • But I still like Arden. What if I changed the spelling of Arden to girly it up a bit to Ardyn. (too ghetto?) What if I combine all the names to make Ciela Ardyn-Brielle. Too much?? Hmmmm. Just Ciela Brielle? Just Ardyn Brielle? sheesh this is way too hard. :) I'm gonna pick something soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM  

  • What about Aylie?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home