As Berry Grows

Friday, March 24, 2006

Ari's 1st Two Weeks

Well the little princess will be 2 weeks old this weekend. She has been a joy to have around. She is a very good baby. She rarely cries and when she does it is short lived. Her sleeping patterns are a bit off, but that is to be expected. She sleeps her longest stretches in the afternoon and only an hour or 2 at a time during the night. But she is so cute that I can't complain. I just smile when I look at her (sometimes she smiles back!)

Arden seems to be pretty advanced for her young age. She has been holding her head up for short periods since she was 2 days old, and she really is gaining control of her neck muscles now. She also lets out little giggles when she smiles!

Arden had her 1st doctor's appointment and he said that she is perfect. I couldnt agree more! She does have a little jaundice, but its nothing to worry about.

I am recovering well. My incision is healing well. It is still a little sore but it isnt bad at all. I have lost all of that extra fluid that I had accumulated during the end of the pregnancy and I am almost already back to my old size. Once this swelling goes completely down I will be back in my jeans comfortably. Yay!

As you all saw, Arden started out VERY fair at birth, but she has since gotten a bit more peachy. She looks like she has been sitting in the window getting a little tan! The older she gets the more she looks like I did as a baby. He facial expressions are completely mine. It's really funny to watch yourself in miniature form! Here are some pics of her during her 1st 2 weeks at home.










3 Comments:

  • look at my girl! i LUFF her!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

  • Those pix don't even do her justice, she needs a photo shoot, STAT

    By Blogger C-dot, at 12:46 PM  

  • She is adorable.... I'm glad everything turned out well! You're birth story was similiar to my 1st 25 hrs and I had to also have a c-section.

    I'm close to 13 wks with my second and looking forward to the joy you are experiencing :-)

    By Blogger Resilient, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home