As Berry Grows

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Home Stretch!

This week marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester of this pregnancy!!! WOOHOO! I am 27 weeks and ready to get into the home stretch. Arden is getting a lot bigger. My belly is getting quite round and conspicuous although people still can't believe how far along I am. They guess that I am about 5 months max.

I am finally on break from school although I still have other assignments to do for law journal. ARGH! But I have had the opportunity to use some of my free time to do things to get ready for Arden's arrival. Auntie C and I painted the baby's room this weekend. It was a 3 day process. The walls are a "mint hint" (a VERY pale mint) in a satin finish with alternating 6" and 2" stripes in "peridot" (which is a bit of a darker mint, kind of sage-ish) in a semi gloss finish so the stripes "pop" as Auntie C says. She is the designer and I have given her creative control. I picked out the bedding that I liked which is pink, green, and a bit of yellow in a patchwork quilt, and she picked all the accessories to go along with it, mostly pink (of course!). Check out my registries. The links are on this blog on the right hand side of the screen. It is a lot of fun picking out all of this stuff. Now I will have to get everything in the room. I can't wait. I think this is the best part, getting all of the cute stuff together!

Well I guess I will give you Arden's stats for this week. She is really growing and developing so quickly!

Arden is really starting to fill up my uterus. This week she weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long with her legs extended. She can now open and close her eyes, and she sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. She may suck her fingers, and although her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if she were to be born premature. With more brain tissue developing, Arden's brain is very active now. Wonder what she's thinking? Me too!!

5 Comments:

  • I love the nursery! I never realized the amount of detail that goes into painting, especially TAPING! It was fun hanging out and preparing for Arden's arrival. I am finding out that buying baby stuff can be so addictive :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

  • yeah - i agree - getting the room together is the fun part for me. im not into baby clothes and stuff - but i love furniture and tchotchkes. this is the addictive part for me. next im going to get a cute girlie chandelier to put up. its going to be so adorable for princess arden. (this child better love her room)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 PM  

  • Yes buying clothes and baby stuff is very addictive!!!! I love it, especially since I love shopping!

    C-ker, I am sure Arden will love her room but she wont live there long! I will move soon after getting out of school. But I'm sure mommy will still keep it as her room so your design and work wont be in vain.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

  • so r u saying that we are going to be re-doing this at your new place!? youre going to have to call trading spaces or something..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

  • nah when i move to my own place i will prolly have the whole house painted pretty by the contractors b4 i move in so they can do arden's room. but it probably wont be as pretty as what we've done. (unless you want to paint some stripes with me!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home