As Berry Grows

Friday, December 09, 2005

Loving the Classics

Exams are almost over. I have one more on Monday then I'll be done. Whew, I'm glad this semester is over!

Arden Is doing well. She is getting bigger. I am having a hard time sitting up now. I guess my belly really is getting bigger. It seems like everyday its a little bigger (I guess that's because it is!) I can't sit straight up in a chair. I kind of lean back in the chair and lean to the side when I want to get up because I cant sit straight up from a reclined position without feeling the baby get "crunched". Other than that I am doing well.

Ari has taken to listening to classical music. I bought her some Baby Einstein CDs the other day and she really likes them. One of the CDs has some lively songs and other more mellow songs. When a lively song comes on, she kicks and moves around like she is dancing! When a more quiet song comes on, she is still. I can still feel her moving but she just seems to be listening. Its really cute. So I put the headphones on my belly while I study or work on the computer and just let her listen to the music. They say that she will remember the sounds from the womb and may find any music I played her comforting when she is born. Luckily I like the songs on the CDs too, just in case I find myself listening to them non stop when she's born!

Well I am 25 weeks but will soon be 26 weeks (on Sun. 12/11) So I think I will post stats for 26 weeks.

  • Arden is putting on more weight at this time. She now weighs a little under 2 pounds and measures about 14 inches from head to heel.
  • This week marks a special time as Arden's brain wave activity begins for the visual and auditory systems. The nerve pathways in her ears are developing, which means her response to sound is growing more consistent. It will be some time, however, until the baby comprehends what she is sensing.
  • Ari's lungs are developing now, too, as she continues to take small breaths of amniotic fluid - good practice for when she takes her first breath of air when she's born. Her lungs secrete surfactant to keep the lung tissue from sticking together.
  • At this point Arden has completed two-thirds of her stay in my womb.

1 Comments:

  • cant wait to get baby arden on some of those cute baby skis... she'd love it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home