As Berry Grows

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Arden at 5 weeks

Time has really flown. I cant believe that it has been 5 weeks already. Arden is growing so fast. I still look at her and cant believe that she is mine. Each day I see her personality forming more and more. She is a very laidback baby but she does have a bit of a temper! She definitely will let me know if she isnt happy about something.

I think that it is amazing how a baby knows its mother. If she knows nothing else, she definitely knows her mommy. I never realized that just walking into a room would cause Arden to react. It's true that sometimes nothing is wrong with a baby but that they just want their mother. So often Arden will be crying and my family will try to console her, but she wont quiet until I hold her. It is the ultimate expression of love that a baby shows to its mother and vice versa. I feel so blessed to be experiencing this phenomenon.

OK I have received requests to start to post Arden's weekly stats again. I will go ahead and do that and then post pictures of Arden at 5 weeks, including some in her Easter dress.

5 weeks:

That smile lighting up Arden's face is the real thing. I can tell it's a social smile (as opposed to gas) when she uses her entire face to tell me she's pleased.

By this time Arden can focus both eyes on an object and has begun to prefer more complex designs, colors, and shapes. She is now noticing the toys that dangle above her carseat and on her bouncer. She can track movement, which means that a simple rattle passed in front of her face can transfix her. Or you can play eyes-to-eyes — move very close to her face and slowly nod your head from side to side. She'll follow you raptly, and you may even get another smile, or chuckle, out of her.











10 Comments:

  • She is so beautiful! I love the bunny ears! So glad I got to see her this past weekend and steal some kisses! hehehe!

    By Blogger Cool AC, at 4:09 PM  

  • Isn't motherhood amazing?! My mom choked back tears when Adam was first brought to me and she could tell he knew my voice. Crazy, I tell you.

    Your girl gets more and more beautiful with each picture. I know you will be glad to have all of the snapshots as she grows up -- too quickly, I might add. :-)

    By Blogger KA, at 6:30 AM  

  • GAS

    LOLOLOL

    By Blogger C-dot, at 11:19 AM  

  • I can tell you're having a BALL! Motherhood is one of the most unnamable gifts ever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 PM  

  • awwwww...she is so cute!

    time does fly so quickly. i wonder where has 6 months gone?? how did my little one turn into a 6 month old with so much personality so quickly? all i can say is (and i'm sure you've heard it a thousand times) enjoy it!

    be blessed, sis.

    By Blogger the prisoner's wife, at 10:14 AM  

  • I wuvvv the wittle one!!! She's so beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

  • Umm, can I get an Update PLEASE

    baby Nazi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:43 AM  

  • omg, not a baby nazi! lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 PM  

  • ur baby is soo adorable! especially in the easter bunny ears...

    By Blogger TTD, at 11:31 AM  

  • AWWWW she is sooo cute!!!! Makes me wanna go get my nephew and goddaughter for awhile...

    By Blogger Ms.Honey, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home