As Berry Grows

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hitting the Road

Arden and I went on a road trip last weekend. We went to visit Auntie Akiba, Uncle Alfred and cousin Avery in Connecticut. Arden was really good in the car. She slept most of the way. We had a really nice time on our trip. Avery LOVES his "baby Arnen". He followed us around and was a big helper. He's so sweet but had never really been around a baby before to realize that they are different from him. (He only just turned 3). We had to point out that the baby couldnt chew because she doesnt have teeth after he shoved a Cheerio in her mouth! LOL. After a while he was a lot more gentle. Poor kid doesnt realize his own strength, he would pat poor Arden on the head a little harder than she liked. Although he was good for a nice solid pat on the back when Arden needed it to help put her to sleep. :) All in all it was a fun weekend.

Arden is 10 weeks this week!!! She is really growing. She is holding her head up very well. The doctor said that she has excellent neck control and is advanced for her age, in that regard. Arden was weighed at 9.5 weeks and she weighed 9 pounds 12 oz. She is still a little peanut but she is gaining weight well. She is almost 23 inches long. She is in the 80th percentile for height but is on the small side for her weight in reference to her length. I guess she is just going to be long and skinny like her mom.

Here is what babycenter.com had to say about her during the second week of month 2.

All the diapering, feeding, kissing, and cuddling you've been doing for the last two months will be rewarded now with a real beaming baby smile and when you see it, you'll know the meaning of pure joy! Her past smiles were probably involuntary or the result of passing gas. These are the true "I'm happy" signs. Take advantage of your baby's new ability to show joy by making her grin and giggle. Silly faces, funny noises, and blowing bubbles are surefire hits.

I start work this week. I really dont want to go but I know I must. Grammy is excited to have Arden while I am gone. I will let you know how my first week goes.

Here are pictures from our trip and from Arden's 9th week (If you'll notice there is a trend... I tend to fall asleep while putting her to sleep!!):































4 Comments:

  • Although I am not the most baby savvy person, I can babysit for you in June while I am home. I do like Arden's hair with the mohawk and head band, very Top Model, LOLOLOL

    By Blogger C-dot, at 1:29 PM  

  • That lil jean jumper is too cute...the headband is an added bonus haha. I love the swirl she's got going on in the first pic haha

    By Blogger Ms.Honey, at 11:32 AM  

  • Bri, your hair color has me jealous! That's the color I'd like to achieve after I drop this load im carrying! Arden is so beautiful and your little nephew is soo cute, I can tell he is too excited about her! Where did you get Arden's little jean dress? I havent seen any at Children's Place?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

  • Thank's for all the compliments and well wishes ladies!!

    Kim, I couldnt wait to highlight my hair. I usually have a new color every season! The highlights are just really settling in now. You will see in the next batch of pictures I am going to post soon. I like it.

    I got Ari's jumper at Children's Place. But they have discontinued it. It was from the late winter early spring season. You may be able to find it online in their clearance section. I thought it was so cute when I saw it that I bought one in 0-3 and 3-6 sizes! :)

    My nephew LOVES Arden. I will write more about it in my next entry!

    By Blogger bc, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home