As Berry Grows

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Where Did Two Months Go??

Arden is already 8 weeks old. I can't believe that my baby will be 2 months old on the 11th. Where has the time gone? Well now Arden is doing a lot of different things. I can tell that she is in fact growing up. She smiles at me a lot, but I can never seem to catch a grin on camera (although I do have one picture that I got the other day!) She is starting to be more aware of things around her. She notices when I come in and out of a room. She looks at bright colored objects. The other day she discovered the TV! Shes really growing. Her hair is getting longer and it is starting to curl which makes for a lot of bad hair days since it tends to go in all directions. :)

The newest development is that she has become a little more picky about things. She no longer will take her bottle which is problematic because I have to start work on the 22nd. I have to search for new nipples. She still wont take a pacifier. ARGH! And she also has begun to cry when I leave her. She cries for me when others are holding her. I guess it's a good thing that she has bonded with me but I want her to be content without me. I guess that will come in time. She is also having a harder time getting to sleep. She sometimes just screams no matter what I do until we both end up falling asleep out of exhaustion.

All in all, I can't complain because for the most part she is a great baby. She's so beautiful (I may be a bit biased). I think she's the best!!!

Here is what babycenter.com says we should expect this month:

From here on out Arden may gain as much as two pounds a month. She's probably staying awake longer too — some babies this age are awake for up to ten hours a day. Arden's also getting stronger. She still can't hold her head steady, but you might notice her keeping it up for a few seconds at a time. Other changes include the ability to focus on objects 7 to 8 inches away, and track them as you move them from side to side. She might glance at her own hand when you do this. Being able to "regard" her hand, as development experts call this activity, is the first stage in reaching out and grabbing things.

You can click here for more details on a two month old's development.

Here are some pictures from last week. She just keeps getting cuter!


















6 Comments:

  • Awwwww!!! She is too adorable! It does seem crazy that two months flew by that quickly.

    By Blogger Cool AC, at 9:44 AM  

  • In the second one, she's like "for pete's sake mommy relax with the camera" LOL, I love her! Is she coming to the pool party? I want to see her...

    By Blogger C-dot, at 11:20 AM  

  • i LOVE that 2nd to last pic. Its so zany and cute. It should be in magazines! (dont get any ideas tho)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 AM  

  • Aw that bow is soo cute and she's smiling in her sleep she is the cutest thing

    By Blogger Ms.Honey, at 10:45 AM  

  • Thanks guys. Yes she will be at the pool c-dot. She already has her bikini and a one piece so she can have a wardrobe change in the middle LOL.

    c-ker stay tuned. she may be coming to a magazine near you very soon! save up that college $$ . :)

    By Blogger bc, at 10:30 AM  

  • Thanks Bri for all of the great information. I print everything that you publish and give it to Grammy. We want to be educated care givers. We want to entreat her at every stage of her development. It is so wonderful to be given an opportunity to participate in the development of a baby when you are not so crazy (like I was 30 years ago). Thanks so much Bri. I treasure every moment and am eager to learn!
    Auntie

    I have a blogger account but forgot all of the information.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home