As Berry Grows

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Working Mama

Well the last week and a half has been a blur. I am trying to get used to this whole schedule of dropping Ari off early, getting on the bus, working a full day, and coming back home pretty late to pick her up. I am gone at least 12 hours everyday. It's hard being away from her for so long. I try to get in my quality time in thr mornings when she wakes up, and at night before bed. The weekend will have to be my time that I devote to baby Brielle, but at the same time I have to remember to take time for me. Oh yeah, I also have to pump at work. It's kind of awkward. But luckily I found the "lactation room" and it happens to be a couple of doors down from my office. It sure beats a bathroom stall! Plus it has a fridge, freezer, table and sink and even a place to plug my laptop into the network if I needed to. Although I must say that I feel somewhat awkward going in and out of the lactation room and disappearing for periods of time. At least I dont carry the big pump bag back and forth when I go to pump now, because since I have found the lactation room, I just leave it in one of the cabinets in there. I am the only one using the room at this point, from what I can tell. This working mommy business is hard! I wish I could just stay home with her. Oh well I gotta do what I gotta do at this point.

This weekend we went back to CT. Uncle Alfred did Arden's dedication on Sunday. It was really nice. Avery had his "Chosen Day" party to celebrate the finalization of his adoption 3 years ago. He has the celebration every year. Its kind of like a 2nd birthday party. It was fun! Avery LOVES his baby cousin! He is so protective of her and I know he cant wait until she is big enough to play with! He's learning to be gentle though which is good. He needs the practice because soon he will have some little siblings to help "take care of." :)

Arden is really making strides in her development. She is 11 weeks now! She almost has complete control of her head and neck. Her back muscles are very strong. She is "talking" up a storm. (She even said "hi" to her Auntie C this morning... really she did!) She LOVES her musical play gym that speaks 5 different languages. It sings this "hello" song and I often find myself humming it. Arden sits under the gym kicking her legs, looking at the lights. She really gets into it. She also likes her musical aquarium bouncy seat. It plays classical music and bubbles making the fish inside move. As you will see in the pictures that follow, she is more and more smiley. She is so reactive when people talk to her. She smiles back at smiling faces. She still hates her belly so she hasnt really rolled yet. She tries to roll from back to front but she only makes it onto her side. It would be easier to roll from belly to back but she wont lay on her belly long enough. We will have to work on the "tummy time" thing! '

Arden is really getting big! She is so long and skinny. I think she has runner's legs! Maybe she will find herself on the track team just as I was. Volleyball would be a good sport for her too. (She has such long arms and hands!)

Her is what babycenter.com has to say about Arden's 3rd week of month 2:

Your baby is busy absorbing the sights and sounds around him. How? By looking, listening, and touching. You can help keep those brain cells multiplying by letting your baby handle a wide variety of objects such as soft teddy bears, hard plastic cookie molds, and rubber balls. Just make sure they're too big for him to choke on: Children under a year old shouldn't play with toys that have parts smaller than 1 1/4 inches around or 2 1/4 inches long.

Ok here are some pictures from the weekend:























9 Comments:

  • She is soo photogenic...

    By Blogger Ms.Honey, at 11:00 AM  

  • I know Its hard being a working woman! i wanna get my QT in w her 2. I miss her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM  

  • I need to go get her something red and white. STAT.

    By Blogger C-dot, at 11:26 PM  

  • Oh I lover her so much! I especially love that pic where she is sticking her tounge out!

    By Blogger Cool AC, at 9:26 AM  

  • she has plenty of red.... all that STRAWBERRY stuff - did she outgrow it already? she looks just like strawberry shortcake in red. So cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

  • LOL C-dot, she has a red and white shirt. I will take her picture in it and post it soon just for you! She dows have some red, but honestly it is hard to find red stuff for baby girls. All of the really little clothes come mostly in pastels. But stay tuned for her fall/winter wardrobe. I believe I have some red pieces already and I am certain to get more since red is usually a common color in winter apparel.

    By Blogger bc, at 1:02 PM  

  • Pink isn't the only pastel










    j/k

    LOL

    By Blogger C-dot, at 6:16 PM  

  • Wow...
    Arden is growing sooo beautifully.. I know it's hard working and being away from her so long, however, all of your hard work, in both departments will pay off soon..

    By Blogger Resilient, at 7:04 PM  

  • I LOVE all the pictures! Keep posting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home